SHIPPING YOUR VEHICLE TO NEW ZEALAND HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER
It can cost less than AUD 2000.00 when shipping via a Roll on, Roll off service!
Take Advantage Of All The Great Benefits
It's Tax Free
If you're a first time immigrant or a returning resident, and you have owned and used the vehicle for in excess of 12 months then you are likely eligible for the import GST exemption meaning you pay no tax on arrival! More Information below.
It’s Cheaper Than You Think!
Vehicles in NZ almost always cost more than the same vehicle would in Australia, so don’t waste time with tire-kickers and lose money selling your vehicle before you move. You could actually be saving money by bringing it with you!
Purchase Of A New Vehicle In NZ At An Inflated Price
On average, vehicle prices in New Zealand are around 10% higher than they are here in Australia, you’ll be paying more for the same vehicle in NZ. It will often be more cost effective to ship your car to New Zealand, even with the additional cost of the freight it will still likely work out cheaper overall than buying a similar car once you arrive in NZ.
Loss On The Private Sale Of Your Vehicle In Australia
It’s often a far better option to ship your car to NZ rather than dealing with the hassle of selling it here in Australia and losing thousands on its value.
Keep the vehicle you know and love.
You know it, you love it - keep driving it!
Ship Personal Items FREE
Our container service means you can also utilize the space around the vehicle to load your personal items.
Will I Have To Pay Tax When Importing Into New Zealand?
We have a great set up between Australia and NZ and many people are eligible for GST exemption, meaning you pay NO taxes on import. In general if you meet below criteria you will be successful in exemption.
- Be a first time immigrant or a returning New Zealand citizen
- If a returning citizen, you must have been out of New Zealand for over 21 months.
- Be prepared to sign a deed where you agree not to sell the vehicle for at least 2 years.
- Vehicle must have been owned and used for last 12 months.
- You must be physically in New Zealand in order to claim exemption.
And, You Must Provide The Following Documents:
- Proof of ownership over the last 12 months (registration certificate / insurance document)
- Purchase receipt / bill of sale for the vehicle
How Do I Handle Compliance And Registration?
All imported vehicles entering New Zealand for the first time need to undergo compliance in order to ensure it’s safe for use on NZ roads. The best way to think of compliance is like a safety certificate or a warrant of fitness, although a little more thorough.
Willship International has a network of experienced teams all over New Zealand who can either handle this process on your behalf or guide you through what you need to do to get your vehicle on to New Zealand roads.
It’s Fast And Easy
Shipping a car between Australia and New Zealand is very simple, transit times can be as little as 4 days on the water and the whole process can take as little as two weeks. The documents we require are minimal and we handle everything for you from start to finish.
We are always a phone call or an email away for advice on anything that might come up during the shipping process, and always do our best to pre-empt any problems that might arise
Leave It All To Willship
Supporting you to get all key documents together
Organizing all aspects of the transport and freight from your location through to New Zealand
Clearing your car through New Zealand customs and quarantine
Organizing compliance and assisting with on road registration in New Zealand
Options To Ship Your Vehicle
We have shipped thousands of vehicles in and out of New Zealand so we understand the importance of looking after your baby. We’ll always take the utmost care and consideration when moving your goods from one place to another. Whether you are purchasing a luxury or classic car from overseas or you're moving to New Zealand and want to take your cargo with you, you can trust us with your shipping needs. Willship is your international shipping partner that you can depend on and our past clients can attest to our proven track record!
Great company to deal with. Emails are responded quickly and I am kept on to date. No hidden charges.
Big ups to the team @willship
very professional company. I felt comfortable and supported throughout the process especially efficient during this difficult time. communication was excellent. Well done. I will certainly recommend you to others. Thank you.
The staff in both Brisbane and Wellington were amazing. They made the process so much less stressful than I had anticipated. The team in Wellington kept me updated several times a day on what was happening with my car.
I would highly recommend Willship to anyone needing to ship their vehicle overseas.
I have to say that Carol & I are extremely happy with the service provided, both in Australia and New Zealand in these difficult times, instant responses to emails and questions and we would have no hesitation in recommending Willship International to future customers
Thanks to the team at Willship for making the movement of my 2 cars from Aus to NZ so smooth and effortless, awesome people to deal with, highly recommend them
We used Willship International to bring our truck to NZ from Brisbane. From organizing our quote, insurances to dropping the truck into Brisbane and getting it to our doorstep in NZ was AMAZING!!!
Communication from The Brisbane Crew to the Great Team in NZ made the whole process so easy and stress-free. Definitely recommend these guys to anyone wanting to move vehicles over the water.
Five-star service guys and girls. ☆☆☆☆☆ Very grateful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Australia To New Zealand RoRo Shipping
1. Am I allowed to leave items in my vehicle?
2. Why is it prohibited to leave items in my car when shipping Roll on, Roll off?
3. Can I still ship my car while it’s still under finance?
4. What if I am unable to obtain a registration certificate or a purchase invoice/bill of sale?
5. Should I apply for GST exemption?
6. Can I drop my car off or pick it up directly from the port?
7. Do you have to be present when the vehicle is picked up?
8. Do I have to be in New Zealand to pick up my car?
9. Is it okay to leave a baby seat in my car?
10. What is the compliance process like?
11. Why do I need to have my car inspected?
12. Can I get my car roadworthy here for it to be complied in New Zealand?
13. If I want to proceed with a booking, what steps should I take next?
14. When must I pay my invoice?
15. How clean should my car be?
16. Are you able to assist with compliance in Lyttleton or Nelson?
17. How long does it take to receive my vehicle after the vessel arrives?
18. How much does quarantine cleaning cost if my vehicle fails it’s inspection?
OUR TRACK RECORD
Over $1.4 Billion worth of cargo is trusted to Willship to be shipped every year
< 0.1 %
Extremely safe and proven process
Deep relationships with our trusted network of staff and contractors ensures that your goods arrive safely
Priority service every time
Award Winning Industry Leader
Best International Automotive Cargo Logistics Enterprise - 2021
Award for Innovation in End-to-End Freight Transport - 2021
Freight Forwarder of the Year Award - 2018
Young Achievement Award 2018 (Nick Proctor)
Young Achievement Award 2018 (Mel Mather)
Freight Forwarder of the Year Award - 2017
Young Maritime Professional of the Year 2016